Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thanks for the "Liability" Comment

Unless you're an attorney, licensed to practice in all of the 50 states and all of the 194 counties in the world, do us all a favor and kindly close your pie hole.

I'm not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one, but the one thing I do know is that use of force laws vary from country to country and state to state, so unless you can comment on each individual municipality the world over, please enjoy this hearty cup of "shut the hell up."

I would not or could not even attempt to comment on when to use deadly in a situation unless I was placed in it myself. This is a moral and ethical decision that is saved for one person and one person only: the man or woman in the situation. I would hope that you would give that person the credit that they will make the right call and do what ever it takes to save their life and the lives of others.

When you bring up the liability issue you reveal yourself as a self important, sanctimonious putz. We get it Dad, thanks for telling us something we already know. Now go back to boring other people in your life. I guess you think we're too stupid to even consider the legal ramifications of our actions or that we live in a society governed by laws and that those laws when broken, have consequences. So for that, I thank you.

The same holds true for the people who like to post "Why don't you just run away?"

Who the hell do you think you are to tell what to do? Why stop there? Please tell me how to vote, am I pro-choice or pro-life? What religion am I? Do I like the color blue or black? Am I gay or straight? If you're in the business of telling people what moral and ethical decisions to make and imposing your values and judgments on others, you might as well keep going.

Use of force is a moral and ethical decision for the individual to make. Like a firearms manufacturer, I provide the tools, you make the decision. I am not here to tell you when and if to use force, only how. I do not assume I know what the best decision for you in the heat of the moment because I am not a sanctimonious asshole.
I only give you what has been proven to work with the highest degree of success. Further more, I promise I will never tell you where to shop, what to eat, who to sleep with and how to file your tax return. Because at the end of the day, it's none of my damn business.

That being said, please keep your liability discussions for someone who cares, like your lawyer, PBA rep or your mom and just let the grown ups talk. And if you choose to run away, that's great, but from those of us who can't or don't want to, please take your panties some place else.

Train Honestly,
Damian Ross, CEO The Self Defense Company

www.selfdefensecompany.com Corporate Center
www.theselfdefenseco.com World's Most Lethal Self Defense
www.legaluseofforce.com Police Combatives Training
www.familysafeprogram.com Keep Your Family Safe
www.teachselfdefense.com Turn Your Passion into Profits
www.60minuteselfdefense.com Self Defense for Everyone
www.myselfdefenseresource.com Free Resource Material
FREE Training Forum http://theselfdefenseco.madmooseforum.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I started self protection training 30 years ago because I despise bullies. Insulting people because they have a different opinion then yours is a form of "verbal bullying". Some people don't have the communication skills to express themselves, so that when there is a difference of opinion, they resort to getting angry, name calling and insulting. I'm highly dissapointed.

Conrad Adelman said...

Although I am in my 7th generation, I welcome any hints you can provide. As my income, at present, does not allow me to subscribe to your publication, it does allow me to support your mission.

Without knowledge, we are powerless. With knowledge, the kind you provide, we can defend ourselves when attacked. The more of us who can do so then the greater the risk to the mugger, the terrorist who would think to attack us when we least expect it; the home invader, etc.

Don't stop! What you are offering is needed. May those who can afford your service speak up on your behalf and share their experiences to point out that the difference between life and death is often no more than muscle memory which can only be developed with practice of the right techniques. That's what you're offering.
Thank you,
Conrad Adelman

Damian Ross said...

@ Anonymous...if that's who you really are? "Verbal Bullying" I assume would be directed at a single person or group. How can I verbal bully a concept or an idea? I'm sorry your disappointed. Heck, why don't you provide me with your email address so I can submit posts to you for your stamp of approval. I now realize the err of my ways and I seek your immediate validation. Really, you think that highly of yourself that you assume I would give a proverbial shit what you think? Even when you have the courage to identify yourself as anonymous.