Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Ninja Please"


After the SDTS isn't Krav Maga post I got a few emails telling me either that I didn't know what I talking about and the examples I used weren't REAL or TRUE Krav Maga.

I responded to them in the comments on the post, but that wasn't enough. Their reactions echoed negative comments on youtube or some of the self defense forums. My feeling on negative comments is that they're awesome. Not everyone is going to love us. Martial arts and self defense is filled with crack pots and wing nuts and if they love me, I have a problem. In fact the MORE pissed off people are, the better we're doing. I'll explain and I've said this before that you're never going to please everyone. So if you're not getting negative responses either you or your subject don't matter. I love the haters so much, I even have a little spot in my heart for them on the training forum.

The negative posts can be put into three categories, "The Experts" are the people who tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about or I will get me or someone else killed. "The lawyers" tell me we will kill someone, be sued or something to that effect and finally "The Cult". These are the ones who know the guy, who knows the guy who teaches the REAL form of whatever art I'm bashing..I mean discussing.

"The Experts" love to post their resume and tell you how long they have been doing art "XYZ". They will tell you how wrong I am or that the technique is too simple or I'm doing it wrong or it's called something else. Basically they're the guys who come to the meeting complaining about everything and offering nothing. They will tell you what's wrong and then provide no solution. They love the sound of their own keyboard tapping and are probably the most annoying person at the party.

"Ninja Please!"
Don't tell me, show me! Post a video showing your solution. I know we would love to see your awesome technique. Hell it will take you literally 5 minutes to put something together and throw it on youtube. I understand that this would require getting off your ass and doing something physical, but I'm sure you could muster the energy to show us your awesome skill, we're all waiting.

Oh, and filming yourself talking about it is the same as writing about it. You need to demonstrate an actual technique. If not, have a seat and let the men talk. A mentor of mine who was extremely successful in business told me as a young lad, don't say something negative unless you have a solution in mind. Other than that your not part of the solution, you're either part of the problem or part of the scenery.

"The Legal Eagles" spout on about liability, being sued and put in jail. All of the sudden they know the law for every state and the situation behind every self defense. They're also the people who look at movie fights and believe them. They are the same people who sit on a jury and tell the cop he could have shot him in the leg or the arm instead of emptying his magazine in his chest like he's supposed to do.

"Ninja Please!"
First of all it doesn't matter WHAT self defense you use, any method is actionable under the law and if the prosecution knows that you train in any type of martial art, self defense, or have had any military or police training it will come under scrutiny. Anytime you choose to use force you run the risk of injuring or killing the target or yourself. The fantasy of going up against someone who is capable and willing to inflict severe harm or injury on you or your loved ones with anything less than extreme prejudice is ludicrous. Look you can hang your hat on verbal judo and joint locks, we're going to knock him out as fast as possible and learn how to write a report and make a statement.

"The Cult"
The cult has existed as long as I can remember and it exists around every martial art. No matter what style you choose, the popular one is the "watered down version" and their exists a "Pure" or "True" version out there. These people know the truth, the world is all wrong and they are right. They laugh at the general population. Yet you can never see this true method because the expert they know is either dead or completely inaccessible. You would have to take two planes, a camel and get a Sherpa to go and spend 10 minutes with the guy who knows the truth. They know the truth and yet, when they demonstrate their method it still looks the same (or worse) than what is commonly taught.

"Ninja Please!"
Show me. Post a link, a video, draw a picture SOMETHING!!! With the millions of websites and videos out there I'm certain something must exist that shows even a glimpse of your true art form in action. Like I said before, it can take you all of 15 minutes and not cost you a penny to post a video. Every computer made in the last five years has a video camera, my kid's games have cameras, your cell phone has a camera. It doesn't have to be a Spielberg production, just shoot the thing "Blair-Witch" style and throw it on youtube.

Let's not waste each others' time, if you think you have something better, post it, if not "Ninja Please!"

If you think I suck, great- show me why, don't tell me.
If you think you have a better way that will WORK and keep me out of jail, show me how not to, don't tell me.
If you think you know the TRUE art, show me that method, don't tell me.

It's really simple, if I'm so wrong it should be extremely easy to prove your point. But you won't and you can't for one simple reason, I know what works and what has been proved to work. This isn't my first rodeo peaches and if Krav Maga or any other system was what it's supposed to be I would be training in that system and teaching that curriculum. Hell, it would have made my life a lot easier trading on an existing brand name. Every one and their mother has "XYZ" Krav Maga. I could have come up with American Krav Maga or Lethal Krav Maga or something goofy like that.

Anyway, don't tell me, show me...

Train Honestly,

Damian Ross, CEO The Self Defense Company


Damian Ross is CEO of the Self Defense Company and developer of The Self Defense Training System, the most lethal and effective self defense system in the world, The Guardian Defensive Tactics Police Combatives Program, 60 minute Self Defense and the Family Safe Program. Mr. Ross also founded the Self Defense Instructor Program that helps people develop their self defense careers from the ground up. Mr. Ross is originally from Ridgewood, NJ where he was a High School Hall of Fame Athlete in football and wrestling as well as a varsity wrestling coach. He then went on to Lehigh University where he was a varsity wrestler and football player. Mr. Ross has 3 black belts, 4th Degree in Tekkenryu Jujutsu, 2nd Degree in Judo, 2nd Degree in Tae Kwon Do. In addition to his martial arts experience, Mr; Ross spent 8 years in the professional security and personal protection business. He is internationally recognized as one of the foremost authorities in reality based self defense.

8 comments:

Wizard said...

Yeah, there are always people like that on youtube and forums. I KNOW one of the reasons they do it on youtube is to generate traffic to there sites. This one guy I've seen bashing your stuff on youtube has a video were you can become a NINJA. Totally awesome! NOT! I remember when I used to be into that stuff when I was twelve! And grown ups still buy into this crap! Wow... P.S. Do you thinks they have videos on how to become Wizards to? That would be cool.

Chadsta11 said...

"Ninja please" ha,ha, he,he. Funny as. I'm gonna use that one.

Chadsta11 said...

"Ninja please" ha,ha he,he. So funny. I'm gonna use that one.

johnnyrodd said...

at this point i would have called them out in public or alone face to face even offer them a ride to my place to show me the truth so Mr.ross call them out on your own ground fly them out to your place and have them prove the ninja skills they claim they have.

Damian Ross said...

You know Johnny, I've had people threaten me for years. I was teaching publicly for about 22 and I am really easy to find.
I can't tell you if someone came in the dojo to check me out. So many people went through those doors but I will say that none of them ever identified themselves as someone who thought I was bullshit.
One of my mentors told me years ago,if you're going to hang a shingle out (open a school) you better be prepared for anything that comes through that door. I'm still here and they know where to find me.

johnnyrodd said...

that goes to show these punks they are not what they seem and as you said Mr.ross they know where you live and to invite them to show you what they got is like drawing a line and asking them to prove it like you said if you got a better way you will be the first in line.i see some of the stuff these guys write and post in vids you pick the bs apart they have nothing on you and all they have is words and that means jack **it

johnnyrodd said...

Mr ross i wasn't trying to spur you with calling them out like as in come fight me . more like come to my place and show me a better way cal them on there bluff

Damian Ross said...

Understood Johnny, your comments were an opportunity to bring up a point that most people already know. People who post negative comments never follow through. Typing anonymously is 180 degrees away from a face to face conversation. These people can't even put up a video rebuttal demonstrating their counterpoint let alone find me and do something bionically stupid.