Friday, June 25, 2010

Penn may not belive in God, but he knows I'm a Bad Ass

So color me "ASS KICKER..."

Last night we appeared on the Penn and Teller Show Bullshit!
Martial Arts Episode where they painted the Self Defense Training System as a brutal, lethal, devastating method that trains you to (and I quote) "beat them 'till their asshole bleeds". This makes the Self Defense Training System (SDTS) seem like a mindless, ruthless brutal kill or be killed system, to that I say..."Guilty as charged".



It's no secret, the SDTS is the most lethal system of self defense in the world Hell we say it right on the website (http://www.theselfdefenseco.com). Just like a firearm, edged weapon or any other tool designed to cause injury to your target, it's to be deployed at the discretion of the user. This is a kill or bee killed system, no bullshit and it should be treated as such. Like firearms or edged weapons you use them when it's for all or nothing. A firearms manufacture doesn't tell you when you should use deadly force and Williams and Sonoma isn't held accountable every time someone gets gutted with a kitchen knife. The decision to use deadly force is yours and yours alone don't let me or a Vegas Magician tell you any different.

During the interview, they asked me if I would be happy if someone took a life using the Self Defense Training System and I said "If you told me that your daughter killed a man who was trying to rape her, I would be extremely happy." Of course they edited out the first part, oh well, that's entertainment.

The Self Defense Training System is NOT a martial art. It's a lethal system of combat. It's not for sparring, it's not for sport or trophies. It's not for internal healing, it's for internal bleeding (his not yours). When it's down to you or him, or worse, the lives of your loved ones are at stake, when running is not an option and you don't have a gun in your hand...now what?

You need to make the choice right now:
1. Sacrifice you life, health and the health and the lives of your family by hedging your bet, playing the odds and praying you never are in that situation.
2. Train your ass off, do the right thing and plan to pay an attorney to defend your righteous actions.

For those who chose option 2 we offer The Self Defense Training System

The Self Defense Training System
is as advertised: the most lethal self defense system in the world. No bullshit, just what works.

Listen, there is no law that exists that says you can't defend yourself. Don't fall for that rhetoric. You have every right to live your life without fear. I can't tell you how it feels to know that if you had to, you could protect the ones you love.

The choice is yours: live in fear or be feared. Hey, even Penn said "They purchased 2 Complete Systems"

Damian Ross
Martial Arts Bullshit Episode
The Self Defense Company
The Self Defense Training System
SDTS
Penn and Teller Martial Arts

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the free press. Don't worry, any press is good press and the full uncut tapes are out there too.

You did great by not back peddling.

Unknown said...

I thought the show was very positive for SDS. Their arguments that your chances of getting injured being attacked are 200% less than your chances of being injured practicing martial arts was weak. You get injured in class you put some ice on it, a bandage, take a few days off. You get injured in the street you could be knifed, bludgeoned, stomped, etc. Personally I choose to rely on statistics that I probably won't be attacked in my lifetime and the SDS in case I do. Some instructor once said, (I forget who exactly..) when someone commented on the violent nature of his style... "We don't want to be mean, but it's nice to know how when you need to." That about sums it up for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious Damien how often in your life you encounter situations which necessitate the use of your training?

Damian Ross said...

Thanks Rich. I knew after I said that I though "That's their sound byte." But hey, I knew that was the deal going in.

I don't teach morality. That's up to your parents. ho am I to tell you you should or shouldn't protect yourself. There are times where running is not an option and times when someone will take and keep taking. Then what? What happens when your line is the sand is crossed?
They should have had an actual defense attorney on the show instead of Mac Young, who has know real qualifications other than "what he learned in the street".

Damian Ross said...

What about other sports? Soccer, football, wrestling? Heck any contact sport will give you bumps and bruises. And you're absolutely right, a torn ligament or a little bump is nothing in comparison to what's out there.
The suggestion of running or shooting them was thin at best. Both fine suggestions but like I said before (I sound like a broken record) If those are not options, NOW WHAT? Grab your ankles and take it like a man? Let some scumbag rape your wife and kids? Hey, the percentages may be low of that happening, but I'm not going to take my chances.

Damian Ross said...

Hey Anonymous,

I'll take you seriously when you have the balls to use your real name and email address.

In answer to your question, about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times.

And I'm coming over to your house next.

Unknown said...

For those who missed it, the show is available in 3 parts on Youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3BSk2TbK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB3y10i_T9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggroj7w9J5k

Not sure how long those links will work. Enjoyed the show. Think you did a good job.

Damian Ross said...

Thanks Roland!!

Joe Landry said...

Sensei,

You looked great on the show. You really are the President of The Self Defense Company.

I can't help but laugh at people that think that good people with the ability to defend themselves suddenly become bad dangerous people. As an instructor I feel that teaching what we teach helps to empower people and shows them a world that they nolonger have to fear.

Joe Landry
Realworld Self Defence.