Sunday, July 11, 2010

Phil Elmore of THE MARTIALIST thinks Penn and Teller are BULLSHIT

I just received a link from Phil Elmore who has been involved in the martial arts and more specifically, reality self defense for years. He has authored several books and recently gave an incredible response to the recent MARTIAL ARTS Episode on Penn and Teller's Showtime Program BULLSHIT!.

His responses are in the below.

Part 1 Phil Elmore Responds to Penn and Teller's Bullshit Video
(Click link if video doesn't play and you will be directed to youtube)



Part 2 Phil Elmore Responds to Penn and Teller's Bullshit VideoClick link if video doesn't play and you will be directed to youtube)



Phil Elmore
The Martialist
Damian Ross
Penn and Teller Martial Arts Bullshit
The Self Defense Company

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What would Penn and Teller know?

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,


I agree 100% with your commentary on the MA episode. Using Penn and Teller's logic, everything is a rip off so why not sit around and do nothing. We might as well not play golf, tennis, or football anymore either- because ultimately Martial Arts are a sport and not only used for self defense.

Using a gun on a criminal will give you the same legal results as fighting back with your fists??? Huh? Do these dudes not understand rational use of force and proportionality? An intelligent and well trained person knows only to use a gun if they have to, if a thug tries to mug me with no gun I am not going to pull out mine unless the probable threat of deadly force is present- and I have no choice. I would rather hit him hard, then run away, or place him in an armbar until the police come and arrest him.

I do not know too many victims who have gone to jail for hitting a criminal or keeping them away, and if a dude pulls a gun on me I am going to fight back because myself being a combat military vet- gun in my face means this dude is not only going to steal from me he will also kill so I would do anything to survive and get this threat away from me.

Penn and Teller have a good show, but they missed the mark on this episode.