Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 1 Training Summit 2011 is in the books- Damian Ross

The first day of the 2011 training summit is in the books and I have to say, it's been truly amazing. Sure we put in a 10 hour day of training, certification and education and there was no shortage of sweat and hard work. It was just bigger than that.

The in the few short years of it's existence, the Self Defense Company is starting to mature. The next generation of instructors is now starting to emerge. People like Kevin Winters who is one such instructor who embodies the new wave of SDC Instructor who is humble, intelligent, tough and extremely motivated. He trained side by side with our "old school" SDC Instructors Darren Poesel, Joe Landry and Reuben Bean. In a nutshell, I like where the SDC has been and I like where it's going even better! When we attract people like former Navy Seal Dennis Doroczy I know we're on the right path.

Now for the top 10 things I learned about our members I didn't expect...

1. I fell 45 feet off an oil rig onto land and didn't get hurt

2. I trained over 500 attack dogs

3. I opened my chute too late

4. I became a detective when my daughter turned 15

5. I have no musical talent or ability whatsoever

6. I almost killed my wife in a triathlon

7. I appeared in a Steak and Shake commercial

8. I was kicked out of one of the best schools in the country
9. I have been bitten by the only two deadly spiders in North America
10. I put 3 siblings through college by "questionable" means

This was a great day, now off to Laser Tag and Go Carts

PS. To see the pics on live go see the album on our Facebook Page


Train Honestly,
Damian Ross, CEO The Self Defense Company


Damian Ross is CEO of the Self Defense Company and developer of The Self Defense Training System, the most lethal and effective self defense system in the world, The Guardian Defensive Tactics Police Combatives Program, 60 minute Self Defense and the Family Safe Program. Mr. Ross also founded the Self Defense Instructor Program that helps people develop their self defense careers from the ground up. Mr. Ross is originally from Ridgewood, NJ where he was a High School Hall of Fame Athlete in football and wrestling as well as a varsity wrestling coach. He then went on to Lehigh University where he was a varsity wrestler and football player. Mr. Ross has 3 black belts, 4th Degree in Tekkenryu Jujutsu, 2nd Degree in Judo, 2nd Degree in Tae Kwon Do. In addition to his martial arts experience, Mr; Ross spent 8 years in the professional security and personal protection business. He is internationally recognized as one of the foremost authorities in reality based self defense.

3 comments:

Eric said...

How are you?
Hey i love your material but i am not looking for street as much as octagon. I had some issues in my subcription after the forth module so i cancelled, but if i could request basic conditioning and battle tactics in the octagon or boxing ring Hands or feet i would be more than happy to continue training through you.
Email me at dragonblades100@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit and every thing here is genuine and perfect! you have some great passion for writing!
Forms

defense Training said...

This is truly a wonderful post. I really appreciate your work and feel that all these points that you have mentioned are truly worth giving a thought. I am sure many people would be highly benefited from this.