Wednesday, August 25, 2010

42 Year Old Man Cowers to 18 Year Old

Louis CK Episode 9: "Bully" made me want to puke.


The episode was bookended, as usual, by funny stand-up, but in between was a long, dark, intentionally non-comic story about the power that teenage bullies can still have on grown-ass men. It was deliberately uncomfortable. The confrontation ends with Louie's date getting turned off, viewing him and weak in spite of her intellectual compulsion to side with Louie seeking a non -confrontational path can't stand to see a grown man back down to a child.

I have to be honest, this situation was so foreign to me I couldn't relate. In fact, it pissed me off that there are grown men out there who are such blatant pussies that and they try to justify and rationalize it by simply "not engaging in a physical fight." Because he vast majority of people have never been in a fight or have never even thought or prepared for being in a fight. This is the wussification of the modern world. My generation has been told that: fighting and violence are wrong.

Let me make one thing crystal clear, violence and fighting are wrong when it is unjustified or used for ill-gotten gain. Let me make another point, there will always be people, nations and countries who will use violence as a means to gain control over weaker targets. And finally, the idea that violence is ALWAYS WRONG is an unnatural concept that goes against your instinct.

The show however gave a REAL REACTION when Louie's date said, "I know, I agree with you, but you're weak and it turned me off."

Let me ask you, what will you do when placed face to face with a bully? Get the girl and save the day? Or pray that the bad man goes away. Or fall prey to the "wussification of America".

Here's another factoid: most people avoid pain and discomfort. This is natural, you hunt when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired and fight when you're threatened. It's natural to stay comfortable. As a result,we have been trained to avoid pain and we justify it. The result: record obesity rates, army recruits who can even make the minimum physical standards and 42 year old men who when threatened by children, back down when they should be taking them over their knee.

I know, you talk a good game, "I would just kick his ass." My next question is, what have you done in the last 6 months that would prepare you or more to the point, enable you to kick anyone's ass? Have you lifted weights? When's the last time you completed a pull up? Do you even own a pair of running shoes? If you don't prepare, you're not prepared.

I still can't believe their are people who walk around like Louis CK. The episode infuriated me so much that I went and ran 6 miles last night (even after working out an hour and a half already). I was so pissed that I wanted to poses Louis CK and pimp slap that kid. I also felt bad for him because he is a victim of the Great Wussification.

Human beings are naturally lazy and avoid pain and discomfort at all costs. If left to our own devices humans would wind up looking like the human characters in Wall-E.
A blubbery mass of atrophied muscle. The less you have to fight scrape and survive, the more you will look like this. You need to train yourself to overcome the HUMAN LAZINESS GENE.

Lois CK blames a lot of his problems on his age. His show and other shows like it (Men of a Certain Age) focus on getting older and being a wussy. I submit to you this, if you're a wussy when you're older, you were a wussy when you were younger. You just choose to believe some revisionist history. It always "If I were younger..." Dude, you're 42, not 72. Get a grip tell that bullshit to these guys:

The cast of the expendables whose average age is close to 50. Do you think any of these guys are worried about 18 year old bullies?

What's you're excuse? Stallone is 65 years old!!! I'm not saying that you need to be like this...just more like this.



Say what you want about his cushy Hollywood lifestyle or rumors of HGH (Humn Growth Hormaone), he STILL has to do the work!!! If Louie looked like Stallone, he wouldn't have had a problem...he probably wouldn't have an act either so at this point he stuck being a pathetic, man-child, loser.

But you have a choice. You can continue to live a Louis CK life, to which I've nothing to tell you except Thank You. Because as long as there are people like you, people like me have to fight less. The more sheep for the wolves to feed on the less chance of them bothering me or my family.

You know what the irony is, the more you prepare for war, the more you have peace. When everyone knows who the man is, everyone knows his place. When you're prepared for conflict, people know it and don't mess with you. Why bother with you when there's always a soft, white Louis CK coming around the corner.

To be more Stallone than Louie CLICK HERE


Damian Ross
Louis CK Episode 9: Bully
martial arts
self defense
the expendables
the self defense company
the self defense training system

14 comments:

Stickman said...

Unfortunately, where I live a lot of 18 year olds carry guns. Heck, I've even seen 12 year old kids flashing their pieces. That kind of ruins the odds of "disrespecting" someone who is younger and quite possibly much larger and stronger.

In the end, isn't self-defense about self-preservation? Responding to violence is one thing; flirting with it is another. Even if you win a fight, and even if it's legally justified, you can still face legal and financial consequences that don't feel like "winning".

Damian Ross said...

Dear Stick Figure,
This is typical. "18 year-olds carry guns, they're stronger, you'll get sued, Wah, wah, wah."
Here's a news flash for you...the person who attacks you will be bigger, faster, stronger and armed. Here's another update, he's going to have friends. So unlike you, we take these factors into consideration when we train. You can post anything you want but the fact we remains, we know what works and were not going to jeopardize our safety and the safety of others in the process.

You can choose to give up your wallet, or your manhood that choice is your and yours alone to make.

According to you why even bother putting up a fight?

"In the end, isn't self-defense about self-preservation? Responding to violence is one thing; flirting with it is another. Even if you win a fight, and even if it's legally justified, you can still face legal and financial consequences that don't feel like "winning"."

I've had to stand in judgment for my actions in the street and I tell you it is worth every penny to be able o look at my self in the mirror every morning knowing that I did the right thing. If money means more to you than what's right, your a sorry sack of sticks.

Anonymous said...

A very wise man and good fighter once told me, "you can't win a real fight only survive it."

You can also make fun of bullies and tell them to get lost, pick on their insecurities and they'll leave, most can't stand to be looked in the eyes.

I work in a job where I deal with many bully types on a different level, I just remind myself that I'm there to earn a living not get into confrontations with idiots.
Most of the time if you have high self esteem and confidence and just ignore them, they sense it and go away.
If not you can just laugh at them.

Either way, avoidance of idiots is always wiser than fighting them, and most women will get turned off by someone who can't control his emotions.
The best thing is stay in control and show the bully they have no control of you, most will back down and if not then defending yourself is your right.

paul81464@sbcglobal.net said...

WELL SAID DAMIAN!

Anonymous said...

Remember the Golden Rule, “Do unto others as we would want them to do unto us.” Unless those others try to hurt our loved ones or ourselves, then it’s time to annihilate them from the planet!! Thank you for your products Damian, I just received the first video and it’s a pleasant surprise. I’ve always had the gift of human destruction, but your videos really add to the arsenal!! I’m 40 and my 7 year old daughter and I train together as she really enjoys the physical fitness of the video and treats it like a game, all the while she is learning a valuable life skill, that is, if foot needs to be applied to ass, she will happily oblige!! Again, thank you for a terrific product. Scott and Raylee W.

Paul said...

Stickman. there comes a time in your life when YOU NEED TO MAKE THE DECISION: WILL I BE THE ANVIL OR THE HAMMER?

I've had altercations at work, particularly with a boss. This guy was predatorial and got off on power trips. At one point he decided to target me. He started jabbing me with a caliper and I backked him up against a mill and his face turned white as a sheet. I didn't care if I lost my job!! I'd rather be penniless than a door mat!!!

If you can pick up a book called Kamikazee Fighting, I think it will help you. The author is Mike Vassolo. I know him personally. He is one of John McSweeney's black belts. John McSweeney was one of Ed Parker's first black belts.

Cecil said...

Being a "wussy"? I don't think a wussy would have confronted the boy's parents. I'd like to see what a police officer, lawyer or judge would have to say about the situation.

It's a bit immature for a grown man to get into a scrap with a high school student unless it is purely self-defense. It's also a bit immature for Louie's date to expect him to get into a fight with a high school student unless it is purely self-defense. Perhaps that's why his date is still single, she's looking for a 42 year old man to still act like a teenager. The kid never made a move. Louie did well by talking to the parents, but doing so in the middle of the night may not have been the smartest thing. He was also stupid to take his date to that diner during the middle of the night. Dark, lonely places are not so safe.

Louie could have simply left the diner due to the noise. He could have ignored the kids, too. Taking an authoritative tone with rude teenagers only adds fuel to the fire and should only be done when truly necessary. It was not necessary, they were not at his house or his place of business. They were not hurting people or property. This is not to say that they were "right", they were idiots. This is to say that the whole thing could have been avoided if he had left as soon as he felt his nerves irked. The only good thing that came out of it is 1) the bully knows that he cannot get away with threateing people and 2) Louie did not end up in a relationship with a sadistic woman.

Yes, our emotions want Louie to stomp the boy. But our reason and our spirit know better.

This is an interesting discussion though. Very thought provoking!

Damian Ross said...

Cecil,
For the record the kid (who was of legal age) indicated his intent (he told him he was going to kick his ass) and he also demonstrated he was capable by first telling him what he did and second showing him the scars on his knuckles.
In the state where I live, that is justification to defend yourself.

Add to the fact that Louie acted out of fear and being a pussy. In fact I actually respect him more than a person such as yourself because he admits his fear. You have rationalized being a pussy and a coward, like most martial artists I have seen get trounced in the real world.

Tactically, Louie let the kid get too close. He left his fate in the hands of some punk and the fate of his date in the hands of the punk and his friends. And here's an FYI, the biggest segment of violent crime is male between the ages of 18 to 24.

I'm sure the Duke Lacross team has a thing or two to say about white suburban kids running a muck.



I have known some serious bad asses in my day and NONE OF THEM EVER, EVER, EVER took any shit from anyone. In fact the opposite was true. Before it broke south they were all over them like a pit bull.

Listen, you, Louie, Stick Figure and Anonymous can continue to live in fear. Me, I'll enjoy life over here, with the big dogs.

Anonymous said...

There have always been jocks and nerds and wimps. Not everyone gets to fit in the jock clique, and they were usually the ones who bullied the others.

I expect this goes back to the beginning of time in any society.

Not everyone can be made into a wolf.

Damian Ross said...

Anonymous to the "Not everyone can be made into a wolf." comment I say bullshit. I've been turning you're average Joe into an ass kicker since 1998.

Oh, let me polish that up for you: I have been training and conditioning people whom had a variety of backgrounds, fitness levels, and agility in defensive tactics with a huge amount of success. I have trained men and women from the ages of 14 to 64 since 1998 in three separate locations. My business is preparing people for the reality that is self defense. This program is available here: http://www.theselfdefenseco.com

Your belief that people are born not made is another pathetic excuse used by the mediocre.

Stickman said...

Some pretty harsh feedback. Where I live, there have been six murders this week alone. Six. One week. The kids with guns? That was where I worked. If someone just cops an attitude, I'm not going to play into that game. That doesn't mean rolling over if things get physical. I worked club and stadium security for years and I've stepped in - alone - four times to break up attempted rapes. Sorry if you think that's being pathetic. I don't invite trouble, but I've faced it when it's real.

Anonymous said...

Alpha males and beta males exist. It's not my fault, just a fact.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, there are several people replying "anonymously" here.
:)

Damian Ross said...

Guys,
Here's the deal. Morally no one can tell you when you should or should not engage. What I'm saying is first, you really don't need to be disrespected in order to make the logical play. In this case Louie reacted out of fear of getting his as kicked. He was concerned with weapons or even the other kids.

Second, you always assume weapons are involved. According to the uniformed use of force report over 70% of assault arrests a weapon was found. Meaning that even though a weapon wasn't used, it was still present.

Finally, in order to survive you need to adopt an "all costs" attitude period.
Stickman, I live in the NYC area shit happens everyday. Though I do admit I don't lead the lifestyle I once did- the stakes and the circumstances never change. It is a harsh world out there and if we're going to play this game...when the time comes we've got to get mad dog mean. Then we can go back to being nice.

Hey, I have no fear because I've made a decision, you can't half-ass it. I train hard, I live, I love, I laugh. I can do this because I've come to terms with what has to be done. That comes through training with the proper attitude.